We met Damien Boissinot – Hair Stylist – and we talked about the hairstyles he created to the Diesel Black Gold Summer 2016 Show in Milano. Men’s hair trends, hair products, style.
Mia Yang is a well know makeup artist. Grown up in Taipei City, Taiwan, Mia studied art and graphic design in college. In her spare …
Lucia Pieroni MAC Makeup Artist, explains the makeup look at the Dsquared2 Show Fall Winter 2015 2016 in Milano
The inspiration for the Dsquared2 FW 2015 2016 catwalk show is: Canadian/Indian (the twin designers Dean and Dan Caten are from Canada).
To match this mood top make-up artist Lucia Pieroni created a healthy look with glowing cheeks. Check out our backstage video interview with the make-up artist. And read below how to proceed:
- Lucia Pieroni used Waterweight Foundation M.A.C for the base and Cream Colour Base ‘Premeditated’ is softly blended on the models’ cheeks and nose bridge. The bronzing glow was given by using Mineralize Skin Finish Medium Deep on top of the blush, nose bridge, temples and chin.
- The eyebrows were brush up nicely and filled in with eye shadow ‘Brun’ mixed with eye shadow ‘Typographic’ to create a slightly boyish brow.
- Blonde Gold Pigment was used with fingers on the upper eyelid from the lash line till brows, very sheer to achieve a nicely bronzed blow.
- Lashes were coloured with Haute + Naughty lash ‘Brown’ just on the upper lashes and tweezed into spikes by using the tweezer.
- For the lips Lucia Pieroni chose Half and Half Lipstick mixed with Freckletone, padded in a sheer layer and brightened by using Concealer Moisture Cover and Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Medium on top.
- The bronzy glow was given by using Mineralize Skin Finish ‘Global glow’ on top of the bronzed areas.
Trendystyle Hong Kong interviewed Keri Blair, Senior Artist M.A.C, backstage at the Roberto Cavalli FW 2015 2016 catwalk show in Milan about the nail look. A must-watch video interview!
What nail look did you create for the Roberto Cavalli FW 2015 2016 catwalk show?
For Roberto Cavalli we created this beautiful fresh, nude, clean, hyper real nail. And to do that detail we added Quite Time Nail Lacquer by M.A.C to Delicate Nail Lacquer by M.A.C and then mixed it with M.A.C Overlacquer inside of the nail polish to create a different texture. So when it goes onto the nail it almost creates a hyper real rubberized texture on the nail and a really beautiful taupe nude. We chose this because there are so many beautiful textures happening in the clothing [in the Roberto Cavalli collection FW 2015 2016]. It is also reflected in the make-up, so we took a moment to create almost a ‘conflict’ or a ‘juxtaposition’ from the make-up into the nail. So it is kind of rubbery, almost matte, but not as matte as it would have been if we would have applied a topcoat over the polish.
What are the colours for next winter (2015 2016)?
I think we are going to see a lot of interesting grey tones, ranging almost in a monochromatic grey scale, from very light and pale till very deep and dark. M.A.C has a new colour coming out, called Snazzy Hound, which will be out in this fall and it is a deep dark just sort of black grey. I think we will see a lot of caramel nudes and also a lot of interesting plays on texture, whether they are really shiny or really matte or sort of somewhere in between, texture of nail will be very important for the fall .
And what about the shapes of the nails?
The architecture of nail for the fall is coming back to a short almost ‘squavole’ shape which is a kind of square on the edge and it is rounded on the sides. It is a really beautiful practical nail. If you like a little bit longer nail, I think almond shape is always the way to go.
Thank you, Keri for this beautiful interview.